tag: Financial Record

  • Last will and testament of Mordecai Sheftall

    1778

  • Provision return for the Third Battalion of the Revolutionary Army, signed by John Peter Wagon and received of Sheftall Sheftall (son of Mordecai Sheftall).

    1778

  • Haym Salomon bank note signed by Francis Hopkinson, Treasurer of Loans.

    1780

  • List of goods sold to Haym Salomon.

    Late 18th century

  • Two bills of exchange (in French) that list Haym Salomon as a party.

    Late 18th century

  • Bill of exchange for $195 drawn by John Habersham in favor of Mr. Mordecai Sheftall on Mr. John Banks, Contractor for the Southern Army.

    1783

  • Stock certificate from the Pennsylvania Property Company, signed by Robert Morris.

    1797

  • Record of payment for planks, boards and other material for Shearith Israel.

    1797

  • Accounting of expenses for Shearith Israel synagogue.

    1797

  • Record of payment for masonry work done for Congregation Shearith Israel.

    1815

  • Shipping receipt from philanthropist Henry Hendricks’s business dealings.

    1834

  • Record of donations and offerings to Shearith Israel.

    1846

  • List of donors to the Association for Free Distribution of Matsot to the Poor.

    1850s

  • Receipt and accounting for the Association of Free Distribution of Matsot to the Poor purchase of matzah from the baker, marked as paid in two installments.

    1858

  • List of donors to the Association for Free Distribution of Matsot to the Poor.

    1858

  • Financial ledger of the Hebrew Benevolent Society of the City of New York.

    1862

  • Account book from the Allen Street Shul in New York. It records expenses such as those for spittoons and beer.

    1883–1887

  • Ledger from the Dowry Committee of the Hebrew Orphan Asylum. The Asylum paid dowries so that orphaned young women could marry. It also recorded the name of the bride’s husband and the couple’s address.

    Turn of the 20th century

  • Purim Association financial record of money raised in charity balls.

    1901

  • Donations given to the Eldridge Street Synagogue in exchange for the honor of being called to the Torah. This record is from Passover time and notes the Torah portions assigned to each honoree.

    1904

  • Donations to the Ladies’ Sewing Society of the Hebrew Orphan Asylum, and an accounting of the money due to the Society from the Federation. The Ladies’ Sewing Society of the Hebrew Orphan Asylum was founded in 1861. It helped girls adjust to life in the Asulym and trained them to do household work. It also provided counseling and after-care services for recent female graduates.

    1916

  • General activities and finance reports from the “United cloak, suit, infants & children coat operators & sample makers union,” Local 117, which was affiliated with the ILGWU.

    1944

  • General activities and finance reports from the “United cloak, suit, infants & children coat operators & sample makers union,” Local 117, which was affiliated with the ILGWU.

    1944


logo

Contributors to the Cause includes only a small portion of the material that is housed at the Center for Jewish History. The five partners’ archival collections span more than 700 years of history. To search the catalog, click here. To plan your visit to the Center’s New York home, click here.